Friday, May 21, 2010

Hot Mammas at a Baby Shower

Sam and I went to a baby shower for Rachel and Matt in Durham this past weekend (one of Sam's favorite things to do....not!).  It was a great shower!  Sam's Dad and I discussed the high ratio of pregnant women at this shower.  There were 5 pregnant women, including Rachel!  Here's Kim and Rachel looking good!  They are only a few weeks apart in their pregnancy.  So fun!  Ruth, if you're reading this, we are going to have to get pregnant at the same time : )  We managed to be engaged around the same time, so babies shouldn't be a problem ; )


Rachel's mother in law and sister in law, Lesli and Kate Garrison put together a killer shower, and no detail was left out.  The food was amazing, I of course enjoyed the chocolate cupcakes!


This little guy, Isaac, enjoyed the Toddler Treats they put together.  See the two frogs in his hands, he was pretty cute with the frogs and funny!  As you can see, he didn't want to put them down.  Rachel actually photographed this family last year (click here to see her pictures), beautiful pictures.


Rachel and Matt are being surprised by the sex of the baby, so for now the baby's name is "Baby G."  I rather like it, and will probably have a bad habit of breaking it.  I still call my co-workers 18 month old Baby Ben.

Here are a few of the party attendees, my parents!


Sam and me (my dress with airplanes was popular amongst the little kidos  - they liked the airplanes).


Isaac, the little boy I pictured earlier with the frogs is inheriting great style from his parents.  They are passing their trendiness along to the Garrisons in the form of onesies.  Aren't these cute and hilarious!



I'll leave you with one more picture of a book that I'm sure will be used and loved in the Garrison household.  I had never seen this before, but as you can see, the book comes with puppet hands to put on and tickle with!  Laughter is the best medicine!



1 comment:

  1. Love love love the pictures!! Great blog post. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete