Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Wedding of EQ & Jason

Finally, a new blog post!  And it's a big one!  Yay!  If you're new to the blog, I'll fill you in quickly.  Elizabeth and Jason are both Wofford graduates (woohoo, go terriers!).  They hosted a great wedding weekend celebration in Black Mountain, NC.  

Let's get started with the dress!  EQ wore her mother's wedding dress!  She had the lace at the top reconstructed for a new, modern look.  The cameo necklace and pins belonged to her grandmother and were a part of her bouquet.  






 The Groom, getting ready for some pictures.

The groomsmen checking to make sure ties and boutonnieres are looking okay.  I thought it was a funny picture.

I like the classic, clean look of the khaki suits and white shirts with a pop of color from the tie.  Great choice!




Onto the girls :)

Hello filtered and beautiful sunlight - AND beautiful bridal party!


The bridesmaids all wore LuluKate, and they were all different!  I like the subtle differences in all of the dresses, and I'm sure the bridesmaids liked having the option to make their dress more individualized.

 I love mother, daughter pictures : )  I know, I know, I could say "I love....[fill in the blank with anything related to a wedding].  Since my mom and I have such a special friendship, I love being able to capture a moment between the bride and mom before the ceremony.

And I couldn't leave out the sister photo.

 So the girls got ready in a house close to the ceremony location.  You could see guests arrive from this great living room window.  I went back to the house about 15 minutes before the ceremony to check on the girls, and I caught this sweet moment.  The mother of the groom, Kim, was watching the guests arrive and enjoying these last few moments before her son got married.

Here's the groom with his mom and son, right before the ceremony started.

The weather was great during the outdoor ceremony.  There were some dark clouds that would quickly pass, and I love the dramatic feel of the sunlight beaming down in this photo but you can see the dark clouds in the background (and her flowing dress helps with the dramatic feel as well).  Really it was just a partly cloudy afternoon, I never thought we were going to get rain during the ceremony (thank goodness!).  

Here are some of the ceremony details.  Check out those cute reserved seating tags on the chairs!  Yes, EQ even made signs for her mom and dad.  

EQ and her dad enjoyed a few last moments before walking down the aisle.  My second shooter, Stephanie Holley, provided some great shots of Jason as Elizabeth walked to him.  A favorite moment of the day for me (and for EQ and Jason as well)!

Reverend Ron Robinson, the Wofford chaplain, married Elizabeth and Jason.  They served communion to all of their guests.   

And finally, they are married!


Here's another list of their vendors, and come back to see the party at the reception!


Location: Lake Eden and Events, Black Mountain, NC
Dress: her mother's dress! Creatively transformed by Just Sew by Renee
Bridesmaids: LulaKate
Band: The Business
Wedding Planner: Brittany Ghio from Verge Events

No comments:

Post a Comment