Friday, July 1, 2011

A Beautiful Couple: Sara & Joe

This is the year of travel for Sam and me.  We have been to Puerto Rico for Rhea and Jonathan's wedding, I just got back from Sweden, and in September we are going to Hong Kong for vacation and Martha's Vineyard for Sara and Joe's wedding!  After being a guest at a destination wedding, and a photographer at another, I must say destination weddings are FUN!  Sam and I are really looking forward to spending a long weekend on Martha's Vineyard celebrating their wedding!

Sam and Joe are childhood friends, and Sam will be a groomsmen in their wedding.  I was so happy to be able to take some engagement pictures for this sweet couple.  I met Joe a couple months after Sam and I started dating, and Sara came into the picture fairly soon after that.  I remember the first time I met Sara pretty vividly.  I met Sara on my first trip up to Asheville to see Sam after I was gone for a summer study abroad program in London.  I remember telling Sam how friendly Sara was, and I was excited that Joe had a girlfriend that was fun to hang out with.  I can't believe that was 6 years ago!

Meet the gorgeous couple...


I met up with Sara and Joe the Sunday evening before I flew out of Raleigh/Durham airport for Sweden.  The pictures were taken at the American Tobacco district in Durham, NC.  I loved this location!  We went with a more urban location since their wedding photographs will have a more scenic/nature feel to them at Martha's Vineyard.  


Thank you Sara and Joe for allowing me to capture this fun and exciting time in your lives!

I also would like to wish my second Dad (father in law) a Happy Birthday today!  Here he is pictured with Callie (at 2 months old).  Callie will be 1 year old in 15 days, and took her first steps last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment