Monday, July 4, 2011

I love houndstooth!

I hope everyone had a Happy 4th of July weekend!

I love houndstooth fabric!  For years, I carried around this 2"x4" swatch of brown and white houndstooth in my car.  I had hopes that I could find something to use a fabric like that.  Many years later, I found a lovely yellow and white houndstooth, and I had the perfect project for the fabric.

Before Picture:  Sam's parents gave us this chair last year after we moved into our new home.  They purchased the chair in 2001, when college basketball coaches were visiting their home to recruit Sam.  They needed the extra seating.  Richard Johnson (Wofford's AD, the head coach for Sam's freshman year) sat in this chair when he came to their home.  He's a big man like Sam, and this chair is really comfy!  It just needed a little TLC to help it shine!


After Picture:  The fabric was purchased from Distinctive Fabrics and Furniture in Cornelius, NC near Lake Norman.  I highly recommend them, they were friendly and had a lot of beautiful fabrics.  Sam's mom knew someone local that recovered the chair.  If you live in the Asheville area and need a re-upholsterer or someone to sew pillows let me know, I have a great recommendation.  The blanket on the chair is from Sweden!  It was purchased on our last day there, and the store was closing for the day as Rachel and I picked out a few last minute items.

No comments:

Post a Comment