Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Charlotte Wedding - Kim & Scott

I had 2 brides named Kim this summer!  Here's the first wedding of Kim and Scott in Charlotte.  Kim contacted me in January of 2012!  We have been in touch for a long time!  She was one organized bride!  We met sometime last Spring to talk about her wedding day and the timeline, and I was impressed with how much she already had planned.   

Kim and Scott met in college at Elon, and their relationship reminded me of my relationship with my husband, Sam.  There were several comments made in the toasts to Scott about how he waited long enough to propose - but I get that!  Sam and I had been dating for almost 5 1/2 years before we got married.  When we have our baby in October, we will have been together for 10 years....we don't rush into big decisions : )  So to Kim and Scott, congratulations on your wedding!  I know it was a long awaited for day for many of your family and friends.

I was pretty excited to have a wedding that was recognized on the famous Hugh McManaway statue in Charlotte.  It's a bronze sculpture of Hugh, who would direct traffic in the crazy intersection of Queens Road and Providence Road during the 1950's, 60's, and 70's. 


The wedding was held at the beautiful Myers Park Methodist Church.  Kim and Scott lucked out with the weather.  As we all know, we haven't had our normal scorcher of a summer because of all the rain.  This was one of the few Saturdays that it didn't rain in Charlotte, and it wasn't that hot considering it was the end of June.  

Kim and Scott opted to do a first look, which was really fun.  Photography is only allowed on the balcony during the ceremony, so we opted to do the first look in the Sanctuary where they got married. We put Scott at the altar, and Kim walked down the aisle  - well they ended up meeting each other halfway down the aisle.  It was a very sweet moment, and got the day rolling with pictures!  We then did a lot of the formal shots with the bridal party and wedding ceremony participants before the ceremony.



Since photographers weren't allowed in the Sanctuary (only up in the Balcony), I was able to capture some great last moments of Kim with her dad before she walked down the aisle (I had my awesome 2nd photographer in the balcony photographing Scott as she walked down the aisle, and then I joined her upstairs).






The reception was held at Byron's SouthEnd, which is where my wedding reception was held!  The evening was already so much fun because Kim and Scott are incredible people.  They had an AMAZING group of friends in attendance at their wedding - and that always makes for a fun evening.  So on top of having the wedding photographer adrenaline rush, my mind was full of fun memories from my wedding : )  

They were really fun and cute to photograph.  In Kim's own words, "she doesn't have a bad side."  It was cute, we were taking formals of Kim with each of her friends that were participating in the wedding (singer, reader, etc.), and she told her friends they could pick which side they wanted to stand on because she doesn't have a bad side.



How beautiful is that REAL peony in Kim's hair!  I LOVE peonies!  One of my favorite flowers!



The evening was a wonderful celebration of this sweet couple.   Lots of laughter and fun was had by everyone.  



This was pretty funny - Scott's fraternity had some of sort of tradition where they serenade the bride and give her a rose.  Kim handled the spotlight well.





Oh my, they were just so cute at the end of the night!

Again, I send my congrats to this amazing couple.  I know they will settle into married life nicely1

No comments:

Post a Comment