Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Part 1: Jacquelyn & Scotty's Wedding

Hello blog readers!  I have another wedding to share with y'all!  Jacquelyn and Scotty are high school sweethearts (met at Charlotte Catholic).  Scotty is now a teacher and Jacquelyn is a Graphic Designer.  They are a really cool couple.  You could just tell by the way they looked at one another that they adored each other.

We had the most bizarre weather for this wedding...70's in Charlotte in mid-July!  Crazy!  I even brought a sweater with me because I was worried about being cold.  It was a very refreshing day to be working, it did shower later in the evening but that was way into the reception.  I would say if I wasn't working, carrying 2 cameras all day, running from place to place, I would have been cold.  The day started off at home with the girls getting ready.  The ceremony was held at St. Gabriel's Catholic Church with the reception at The Big Chill.

Now onto a few wedding details from the day....the DRESS!



The veils, yes she wore a blusher!

Lovely deep purple in the bridesmaids dresses and shoes.  How they managed to party all night in these heels is beyond me, I was impressed!  I'm a "flats" girl.

Time for hair!  Jacquelyn and her bridesmaids did a slumber party at her house the night before the wedding (how fun!).  They did their hair at the house that afternoon and makeup at the church.





















Getting ready, I love veils, I really do.  They are so pretty!























Getting married!  One of my favorite moments of any wedding day....walking down the aisle, watching the bride, the father of the bride, and the groom.

The groom's best man was his brother, and I love that he's watching for his reaction as Jacquelyn walks down the aisle.

Lots and lots of light at St. Gabriel's Catholic Church.  The HUGE stained glass window behind the altar made for a great back-drop.

The priest was a family friend of Scotty, which always makes for a nice ceremony (when there's someone there to tell stories on the groom or just make it more personal).


Hello Charlotte!

Such cute expressions they are making. 



























I'll do a second post with reception pictures - where fun was had by all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment