Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sun Tung Lok

It seems y'all are most interested in the food we are consuming here, so here's another food post for you.  Sam and I ate at a Michelin 3 star restaurant last night!  Sun Tung Lok is 1 of 2 Chinese restaurants to have this recognition.  This restaurant serves dim sum, which I compare to tapas style portions.   It was a great dinner, but Sam and I just needed a bigger appetite. So onto pictures....Sam took these on his iPhone. It was a really nice restaurant and I didn't feel comfortable whipping out the big camera. We already had people staring at us.

This was the roasted suckling pig. It was good, and yes that skin was extra crunchy. I only ate a tiny bit of skin...it seemed weird to me to eat skin. See that glass of ice water in the back right- that was quite a difficult order to get right. I asked for cold water and they first brought me a coke. I was so thirsty and craving some water!  I had hot tea and coke neither of which quenches my thirst. You have to ask for cold water otherwise they bring hot water that they keep handy for refilling the teapots on everyone's table.

This is a conch shell stuffed with I don't know what.  I know it wasn't anything bizzarre, but I can't remember all of the details.  I know it had seafood in it.  Sam and I both ordered one of these, but when arrived at our table we couldn't remember what was in it, but it was delicious.  It was one of my favorite dishes of the evening.  

This was scallops stuffed with shrimp.  It was delicious as well.

This was another favorite of mine!  It was like a spring roll but it was stuffed with pork and a piece of pineapple and covered in a mango sweet and sour sauce.  This was very difficult to eat with chopsticks because it was so slippery with all of the sauce.  It was too big to eat as one bite, so you had to squeeze the food in between your chopsticks to take a bite, but it kept sliding out of my grip. Luckily the Chinese are sloppy eaters, they slurp and suck noodles, so it was okay to use my fingers here and there to aid in the eating process.

This was sweet and sour prawns sitting on an unknown food item that looked like onion rings.  It looked purple like an eggplant or an onion but Sam tasted it and it still remained unidentified.  The prawns were good though!  In case you're wondering we didn't finish all of this food!  It was too much, but we wanted to try several dishes.  





No comments:

Post a Comment