Sunday, February 10, 2013

Family Christmas Cards

This past fall I had several families contact me for a session so they could send out a photo Christmas card.  All of the sessions were very different, which I love!  I'll start off with my biggest family session, which consists of a mom and dad, their 2 adult sons, 1 daughter-in-law, and 2 grandchildren.  It's really nice going into a photography session when you already have connection with the people you are photographing.  My husband, Sam, is great friends Trey and Scott, the 2 sons.  They all went to high school together.  Trey was a groomsman in our wedding, and they all three have great memories of hanging out together growing up.

Meet the family


We couldn't have ordered better weather for this session.  It was a glorious fall day in October, and the leaves were at their peak color.  I am of course drawn to the yellow and golden hues.


This was the image they selected for their Christmas Card.

I thought this was cute, and Trey and his dad did a great job of making this picture look effortless by swinging Mary Carter!

Rhoda and Bill are such kind people, and I wanted to make sure I got a portrait of just the two of them.

Rhoda told the family to dress in fall colors, and I thought everyone looked great!  I loved the color of her sweater (Old Gold & Black, Go Wofford!).  I always like to point out good clothing choices, so you can see that you can mix and match color and patterns and still look coordinated.  

We were photographing at a small park with a playground.  Mary Carter showed great patience in waiting for her playtime. 

William came to the session full of life.  He was a little jokester.  Aren't his dimples cute?! 

Up next, I have 2 more sessions from this fall that stemmed from wanting a photo Christmas card.

No comments:

Post a Comment