Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas from our house to yours!

We stepped it up a bit this year and added wreaths and a Moravian star to our house (well the star was a Christmas gift from Sam's parents last year).  When I put that star together the other week, this thought kept running through my head, "oh, if I was on Survivor I would be losing this puzzle challenge right now!" Haha, yes, Sam and I still watch Survivor and LOVE it.




We acquired 2 nutcrackers this year from Sam's mom as well.  She didn't want them anymore.  

Okay so there are no Christmas decorations in this picture, but I wanted to show you our new to us lamp that only cost us $15.  This lamp came from Nanny and Papa's house.  It sat in this spot for about 2 months without a lamp shade (we didn't use the dated lampshade with fringe that was on it at my Nanny and Papa's house).  Finally I found a lamp shade from Lowe's that fit it correctly.  The lamp is sitting on 2 books to give this side of the room more height.  The tall floor lamp that is to the right of the Christmas tree is on the other side of the living room.  My mother-in-law-in-law (My sister-in-law Rachel's mother-in-law) who could be a great interior decorator, gave me that tip.  The untitled book is actually my proof book of our wedding pictures, and the book titled Love, was our guest book that we had people sign at our wedding.

And we have new pillows on our couch!  They were made by my friend's mom, and I love that she had the creative thought to give these pillow the thick cording.  The back side of these pillows match our newly recovered chair (you can see that here).

 Merry Christmas from Mer and Sam!


No comments:

Post a Comment